A creamy vegan pumpkin spice pudding, this makes the perfect pre or post training meal. This delicious and fulfilling pudding is filled with nutrients, protein and wholefood carbs that will curb any afternoon or night time cravings. Get PUMPED about this recipe!
Vegan Pumping Spice Pudding
- 4 cups water
- 1.5 cups red rice uncooked
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- 2 TBSP black strap molasses or maple syrup
- 40gms Salted Caramel ‘Prana On’ Protein Powder* or Vanilla – Brown Rice Protein
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- ½ TSP nutmeg
- ½ TSP cloves
- ½ TSP ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- 12 Pcs pecans (for garnish)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil
2. Add rice, salt and stir
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes
4. Add in pumpkin puree, molasses or syrup and nut mylk and stir thoroughly
5. Add all spices, sea salt and stir until cooked
6. Allow to slightly cool, slowly adding the remaining 1 cup of water, with the ‘PranaOn’ protein powder (see below link) or any vegan plant-based protein source like hemp protein, flaxseed, sprouted brown rice protein
7. Add 2 x pecans to each serving (Optional)
This recipe will serve approx. 4-6 people or place in meal prep containers.
Meal prep serving size
All nutritional data is logged in the My Fitness Pal Database for IIFYM or Flexible dieting, under Vegan Fitness Food ‘Pumping Spice Pudding’.
For the IIFYM & Flexible dieters, you will find all macros and calories for ALL Vegan Fitness Food recipes in the database.