- Dragon fruit boosts immune system., as it is rich in vitamin C and fibres that help provide an overall healthy body.
- Dragon fruit aids in the digestion of food, Studies also suggest that Dragon fruit promotes the growth of probiotics.
- Dragon fruit help to lower blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes.
- Dragon fruit prevent formation of cancer causing free radicals. Dragon fruit is rich in minerals and fibres that clean toxic ingredients out of the intestines thus preventing the occurrence of colon cancer.
- Dragon fruit is an anti-oxidant. The presence of high level of vitamin C, minerals and pytoalbumin is regarded as relevant in fighting free radicals.
Nutritional values per 100 g of Dragon fruit (of which 55 g are edible) are as follows:
Carbohydrates: 9-14 g
Fat: 0.1-0.6 g
Protein: 0.15-0.5 g
Fibre: 0.3-0.9 g
Calcium: 6–10 mg
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C): 4–25 mg
Iron 0.3-0.7 mg Niacin (Vitamin B3): 0.2-0.45 mg
Phosphorus: 16 – 36 mg
Dragonfruit is a must try….heavenly!!